Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by pr...@assistanz.com on 2013/07/26 10:58:48 UTC

Reg: Multiple ips server for cloudstack in Basic zone

Hi,

 Cloudstack is running in basic zone.I have created vm. One nic is setup
in vm as default and public ip is assigned for that Nic. I want more ips
for my vm like ip-alias not another NIC. is it possible to re-configure
virtual router dhcp to serve more than one ip for that vm nic.

 Regards,
 Prakash.M

Re: Reg: Multiple ips server for cloudstack in Basic zone

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Multiple ip address per nic is added in 4.2.

Jayapal

Posted by pr...@assistanz.com.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi Prakash,

My comments inline.

Thanks
Jayapal
On 30-Jul-2013, at 10:06 AM, <pr...@assistanz.com>
 wrote:

> Hi Jayapal,
>
>  1.In cloudstack 4.2 have new feature per nic have multiple ips address.
> That is good.
>
> 2.In basic zone, we need multiple PUBLIC ipaddress per nic not private ip
> address or static 1:1 Nat per nics. Because few of our
> software's/web-hosting control panels are not running with static Nat
> environment. so we need acquire multiple public ips per Nic not private
> Ips. is this possible in cloudstack 4.2 or feature release.

Multiple ips supports basic zone. You can acquire multiple public ip address per nic.
Only thing is the acquired ip you need to configure manually on the VM.

>  3. In both zone Basic and Advance without Nat,Cloudstack will support.
> Surly cloud-stack will reach another height and beat other stacks.
> Because several industries software not good to run in Nat. If
> cloudstack will provide same feature without NAT and with NAT. That is
> good for all. Can opensource apache community will work for this.

Please refer shared networks for advanced zone with nat.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.