Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sc...@igc.apc.org on 1995/12/08 19:02:49 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "hard to transition to VirtualHost" on SunOS 4.x

Submitter: scott@igc.apc.org
Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
As many folks have done, we've had our clients
specify //www.foo.org/foo/ to access their home

So, it would be nice if the server would turn
/foo/foo/ into /foo/ for me.  Of course, some
people who have always had VirtualHost capability
may really want to have /foo/foo, so it's not
clear the server should always try to "fix" it.
Perhaps it should be a flag?

I assume this one is harder to implement than
the suggestion in my previous "bug report", and
the workaround for this one is much simpler.
So I'm afraid I won't volunteer to "fix" this
one (although I might do it if someone suggests
how to "flag" it, and I find the time or get
motivated by client forgetfulness).

-scott

p.s. Thanks for a great server!

--