Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com> on 2004/03/21 18:48:50 UTC

[BOOK] unclear passage on printed p. 54-55 of book

  at the bottom of p. 54, "Subversion users often follow a specific
algorithm when using branches:

1. Copy ...

2. Switch ...

the way this is worded makes it read as if a user would do *both* steps,
when i'm assuming he would one or the other.  adding the word "or" would
make it clearer.

rday

Re: [BOOK] unclear passage on printed p. 54-55 of book

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 12:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   at the bottom of p. 54, "Subversion users often follow a specific
> algorithm when using branches:
>
> 1. Copy ...
>
> 2. Switch ...
>
> the way this is worded makes it read as if a user would do *both* steps,

Yes, actually, that's exactly what I meant.  It's a two-part algorithm,
with numbered steps 1 and 2.