Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JeVeoy <jo...@wisloff.org> on 2012/11/06 19:11:58 UTC

Standalone Cocoon

Dear Experts,

I love the possibilities Cocoon gives my projects and I don't think I will
ever want to develop anything without Cocoon.

But..

I would really, really, really like to develop web applications without the
Maven Jetty plugin "jetty:run", being dependent on Maven for my library and
debugging outside my preferred environment.

My preferred development environment:

* Apache Cocoon

* Apache Tomcat

* MyEclipse

In a perfect world I would be able to launch the Tomcat server as a node
from within MyEclipse and be able to debug, deploy etc a Cocoon-based
application without building etc outside MyEclipse.

I guess I could run the "dependency:tree" and copy all jars in preferred
order to a library in a cocoon-project. I could also prepare a default
Cocoon project for MyEclipse by running "eclipse:myeclipse", but I know this
wont do the trick..

Do you have any experience/knowledge on how this can be achieved? Any steps
I have to take? Any help would really be appreciated.

Best regards,

JeVeoy

Re: Standalone Cocoon

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 06/11/2012 19:11, JeVeoy wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I love the possibilities Cocoon gives my projects and I don't think I
> will ever want to develop anything without Cocoon.
>
> But..
>
> I would really, really, really like to develop web applications
> /without /the Maven Jetty plugin "jetty:run", being dependent on Maven
> for my library and debugging outside my preferred environment.
>
> My preferred development environment:
> * Apache Cocoon
> * Apache Tomcat
> * MyEclipse
> In a perfect world I would be able to launch the Tomcat server as a
> node from within MyEclipse and be able to debug, deploy etc a
> Cocoon-based application without building etc outside MyEclipse.
>
> I guess I could run the "dependency:tree" and copy all jars in
> preferred order to a library in a cocoon-project. I could also prepare
> a default Cocoon project for MyEclipse by running "eclipse:myeclipse",
> but I know this wont do the trick..
>
> Do you have any experience/knowledge on how this can be achieved? Any
> steps I have to take? Any help would really be appreciated.

Hi,
sorry for late response: I've just returned from ApacheCon EU 2012 and I
am bit late with e-mails :-)

Anyway, you can find an example of "plain" (e.g. without RCL) webapp at
[1]: since it is a demo application of HippoCocoonToolkit (HCT) [2] - an
alternative, Apache Cocoon 3.0 based, toolkit for building web sites
while relying upon Hippo CMS and Repository - you will have to remove
any hct-related file and dependency, but it should be pretty
straightforward.

Please let me now if you are fine with this.

Regards.

[1]
https://github.com/Tirasa/HippoCocoonToolkit/blob/hct-baby-steps/hctsite/
[2] http://tirasa.github.com/HippoCocoonToolkit/