Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/09/09 20:23:38 UTC

RE: [BOOK] Mastering Jakarta Struts review?

heh-heh...I actually got half-way through on Saturday (in spite of bad
hangover) but my wife confronted me with a 'honeydo' list Sunday morning as
we had her folks over for Grandparents Day (and to watch Sampras v. Agassi).

I am not just reading it, but going through all the prerequisites and each
of the examples to make sure they work.  The early bad news is that there
are a number of mistakes and omissions that will confuse new Java
server-side developers that experienced programmers will simply ignore; the
good news is that it is very readable and the sections on the client-side
(esp. custom tags) was pretty well done (not surprising since he already
wrote a book on them - which he shamelessly plugs). Also, the Tomcat 4.x
install/config was, with minor exceptions, straightforward (I haven't used
Tomcat since 3.2, so I could be considered a novice).  I want to give you
guys the best review possible (and I'll copy it to Amazon.com).

I'll do my best to complete it and post the results sometime this week.

Mark

Posted by Bryan Hilterbrand <Br...@bullwinkle.net>.
Did you keep a list of errata?  It would be helpful to us "newbies" if
the errata list was posted to this mailing list.

Bryan

P.S. Thanks for the review!