Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> on 2006/05/15 18:25:07 UTC

Roller 3.0 branch

I've created a branch for Roller 3.0 work and I intend to start
working there on the front page improvements. If you haven't already
done so, please take a look at the proposal and voice your concerns
and suggestions.

see also:
    http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_Atlas
    http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
page=Proposal_Roller_3.0_Release

There are still some open issues involving the URLs and how the front
page blog defines it's newsfeed (i.e. should it be site-wide or front-
page blog only, should it be filtered, etc.), but those can be
resolved as I start to work on the page model implementations (and as
we finalize the URL structure).

- Dave

Re: Roller 3.0 branch

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Migs,

The normal routine for adding a new feature to Roller is to write a
proposal that details the feature requirements and design, get that
proposal reviewed on the mailing list and once you've tweaked it
enough to get consensus, develop the feature and either commit the
code (if you are a committer) or submit a patch for review (if you are
not).

See the Ideas and proposals page for example proposals and the
proposal template:
<http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IdeasAndProposals>

- Dave

Re: Roller 3.0 branch

Posted by Miguel A Paraz <mp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Roller 3.0 branch

Posted by David Levy <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I'm sorry that I have not been able to install 2.3 anyway to test and my
comments here might be more directed and useful if I had, but does the
proposal enable any roller instance wide TAG features such as 'popular'
or 'recently hot', or 'recently rare' to take Elias' point that the rare
are more selective. It doesn't look like it to me, have I missed something?

--

Dave

<http://www.sun.com> 	* David Levy *
*Sun Microsystems Ltd.*
55, King William St.,
London EC4R 9ND United Kingdom

Phone +44 (0) 20 7469 9908/x18308
Mobile +44 (0) 7710-360922
Blog http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy
Email David.Levy@Sun.COM

Sun Proprietary & Confidential . This e-mail message is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privilidged information. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recepient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the