Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by David Bau <Da...@bea.com> on 2003/07/03 22:55:19 UTC

XML Beans details

On 7/3/03 4:22 PM "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 7/3/03 3:50 PM, "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com> wrote:
> >
> > this might be a good time for David Bau, the architect behind
> > XMLBeans, to jump in with his views.
>
> Okay.  It sounds like there are some issues which warrant
> this over others.
> I could see this being useful in things like web services as
> well...  Limit
> object creation/serialization and yada yada yada...  Though
> from reading the
> 10k foot view you could support JAXB if you wanted to.  Just
> an element of

Yeah, limiting object creation is one of the particular benefits
to the approach.  Also JAXB is of particular interest to us!
We're particularly interested in JSR 222.

I started writing up some details to the Q of "what is XML Beans
and how does it compare to X Y and Z?" but it was getting long
so I posted it on a wiki page

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?XmlBeansExplanation

David Bau
XML Beans architect