Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/06/28 12:38:55 UTC

Re[2]: [RT] Making sense of our repositories

Hi, all!

1)  Semantically

    framework
    excalibur
        configuration
        event
        logger
    containers
        fortress
        merlin
        phoenix
    components
    apps
    site

2)  Aaron Farr

    move avalon/containers to a separate repository

3)  Nicola Ken Barozzi

    /container       <-- would hold our only container
    Why 1 container? Well, one implementation is the only way
    we can focus on getting things done.

4)  Blending 2 and 3 together :)

    Now

        avalon
        (
            /framework
            /fortress
        )
        avalon-sandbox
        (
            /merlin
        )
        avalon-phoenix
        avalon-excalibur

    In 1.5 years we may have

        avalon
        (
            /framework
            /container (focus of development, as Nicola suggests)
            /excalibur (well, why not move it here, just toying :)
            /fortress  (since /container is not airborm yet,
                       its still here)
            /merlin    (has matured and moved here)
        )
        avalon-phoenix