Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2002/09/06 17:44:10 UTC

testing binary builds

In case it is interesting to anybody, I have uploaded a binary build
test script to http://www.apache.org/~trawick/testbinbuild.pl.  If
you have an interest in such issues, take a look (and send me patches
for the portions you think suck the most :) ).  It doesn't do a whole
lot, but it does verify that apxs basically works and that there
aren't any bad library dependencies and all the DSOs load.

It notices that 2.0.40 and HEAD binary builds are broken on AIX and
HP-UX due to library dependency problems because it renames the
temporary install directory so that any dependencies on it are found.
One of the pitfalls of smoke testing a binary build on the same
machine that it was built on is forgetting to rename the directory
where libapr, libaprutil, and libexpat were installed.  Having that
original install dir around masks any hard dependencies on their
locations.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...