Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stockii <st...@googlemail.com> on 2014/10/02 16:19:09 UTC

DIH - cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache" - empty rows from sub entity

Hello

i am fighting with cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache".

I want to refactor my ugly entities and so i try out sub-entities with
caching.
My Problem is that my cached subquery do not return any values from the
select. but why?

thats my entity
<entity name="en1" pk="id" transformer="DateFormatTransformer"
  query="SELECT id, product FROM table WHERE product = 'abc'">

<entity name="en2" pk="id" transformer="DateFormatTransformer"
cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache"
		query=" SELECT id, code FROM table2"
		where="id = '${en1.id}'"/>
</entity>

this is very fast an clear and nice... but it does not work. all from table2
is not coming to my index =(
BUT if i remove the line with "cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache" all data is
present, but every row is selecte each by each.
i thought that this construct, hopefully replace my ugly big join-query in a
single entity!?

RE: DIH - cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache" - empty rows from sub entity

Posted by stockii <st...@googlemail.com>.
i dont know why. but it works if i dont use cacheKey/cacheLookup. But if i
use "where" it works fine.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#CachedSqlEntityProcessor -
>From Example 2:

where="id=en1.id" ... strange.

RE: DIH - cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache" - empty rows from sub entity

Posted by stockii <st...@googlemail.com>.
thx.
this is a little bit better, but now i got only one row from entity "en2" in
my index.
it seems, that the lookup dont work for me =((

RE: DIH - cacheImpl="SortedMapBackedCache" - empty rows from sub entity

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
Try using the cacheKey/cacheLookup parameters instead:

<entity
 name="en1"
 pk="id"
 transformer="DateFormatTransformer"
 query="SELECT id, product FROM table WHERE product = 'abc'"

  <entity
   name="en2"
   cacheKey="id"
   cacheLookup="en1.id"