Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 23:24:31 UTC

Ian Lynch information needed

We would very much like to include a tribute page for Ian Lynch on the
ASF Memorials page: http://www.apache.org/memorials/

As I never had the pleasure of working with him, I could only cull our
mailing lists and other OpenOffice online information concerning his
participation in OpenOffice. But, I would very much like to include more
detailed information on his work with the Schools/Education project, and
with Marketing, and I know some of you were more involved in some of
these projects with him.

Thank you for your help with this. I'm hoping we can finalize this by
this coming Sunday pm.
MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins
 with a single step.”
                          --Lao Tzu

Re: Ian Lynch information needed

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/10/2015 11:24 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> As I never had the pleasure of working with him, I could only cull our
> mailing lists and other OpenOffice online information concerning his
> participation in OpenOffice. But, I would very much like to include more
> detailed information on his work with the Schools/Education project, and
> with Marketing, and I know some of you were more involved in some of
> these projects with him.

unfortunately, I cannot help with much information.

I only know that he worked on the certification process. People get
trainings on OpenOffice modules and can earn a verification of their
learning in the form of a certificate.

Maybe this is valuable to be added in 1-2 sentences to the memorial text.

HTH

Marcus

Re: Ian Lynch information needed

Posted by JZA <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea, I didn't get the chance to read the memorial until now, I most
say is a great piece. However they omit a big part of his life which was
his professional one. As his linkedin page says (
https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ian-lynch/0/a88/bb2) he was a Registered
Inspector of schools accredited by Office for Standards in Education, and a
lifetime educator in the British school system.

I can understand that maybe the goal is not to be too acurate, and on a
lighter note, he was a very good Ruby player and missed going to the 2010
OpenOffice.org Conference in Slovenia due to a broken leg.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12036502_10154197872421978_233667787073901200_n.jpg?oh=3ab5dbcd8f1895bce374dc466e62d7bb&oe=565FCDB2

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 13/09/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> Thank you. And it seems I mis-typed the year.in the memorial page. New
>> revision attached.
>>

> Thank you Kay. This final version is now published at
> http://www.apache.org/memorials/
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Ian Lynch information needed

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by JZA <ac...@gmail.com>.
Beside what I already mention on my previous email. I would like to
suggest, althought they are no longer in the community maybe Daniel Carrera
and Manfred Reiter could share some of the information about Ian and the
work he was involved with. I am cc them on this email.