Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> on 2022/09/05 07:26:29 UTC

[PREVIEW] Kyuubi Podling Report September2022

## Kyuubi

Kyuubi is a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for
large-scale data management, processing, and analytics, built on top
of Apache Spark and designed to support more engines.

Kyuubi has been incubating since 2021-06-21.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community
2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
3. Improve project structure and documentation

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- Adds three new Committers, there are currently 88 contributors and
17 committers, 9 PPMC members.
- Several discussions/bug reports on the GitHub Issues/WeChat groups, etc.
- Our PPMC member, Fei Wang, participated ApacheCon Asia 2022 and gave
a talk about kyuubi's success @eBay

### How has the project developed since the last report?

- Released v1.5.2-incubating on 2022-06-18
- Voting v1.6.0-incubating in the general list which resolves about 700 tickets

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
- [x] Community building
- [x] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

- 2022-06-18

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

- 2022-06-21 Shaoyun Chen
- 2022-07-20 Min Zhao
- 2022-07-26 Qingbo Jiao

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

- Mentors are helpful and always responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
Yes

-----

BR,

Kent

Re: [PREVIEW] Kyuubi Podling Report September2022

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi Kent,

Looks good to me. Now 1.6.0-incubaring is released, so could you include it
in the report?

Thanks,
Akira