Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/10 12:36:35 UTC

Tree Conflicts Question: Should svn st -q show TC?

Is it intentional that svn status --quiet suppresses tree conflicts?

trunk.dbg>svn st merge_tests-63.immediates
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\B
!     C merge_tests-63.immediates\B\E
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge
M       merge_tests-63.immediates\mu
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\C
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\D
!     C merge_tests-63.immediates\D\H
      >   local delete, incoming edit upon merge

trunk.dbg>svn st merge_tests-63.immediates -q
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\B
M       merge_tests-63.immediates\mu
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\C
 M      merge_tests-63.immediates\D

No big deal, but I was surprised to see this.

Paul

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1630041

Re: Tree Conflicts Question: Should svn st -q show TC?

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 08:36:35AM -0400, Paul Burba wrote:
>> Is it intentional that svn status --quiet suppresses tree conflicts?
>
> No :-/
>
> I'd say we should only suppress the lines saying "> local delete... " etc.

Agreed.  Created issue #3396.  I'll try to get to when I can if nobody
beats me to it.

Paul

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1631418

Re: Tree Conflicts Question: Should svn st -q show TC?

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 08:36:35AM -0400, Paul Burba wrote:
> Is it intentional that svn status --quiet suppresses tree conflicts?

No :-/

I'd say we should only suppress the lines saying "> local delete... " etc.

Stefan