Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jerome Jacobsen <je...@gentootech.com> on 2002/12/11 17:52:41 UTC

[Logging] Thread safety guaruntee of Log classes?

Struts framework classes make heavy use of Commons Logging.  However they
always declare their Log instances as static member variables.  I am
currently in the processing of moving from the Log4J API to Commons Logging.
In Log4J the Category is thread-safe.  Is there any guarantee that a Commons
Log instance is thread-safe?  I see nothing related to thread-safety in the
API docs.  If not, then why is Struts assuming thread-safety?

jerome.jacobsen@gentootech.com