Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <ex...@us.bosch.com> on 2014/10/06 20:56:51 UTC

search query text field with Comma

Hi users, This is may be a basic question, but I am facing some trouble..

The scenario is ,  I have a text  "Truck Series, 12V and 15V", if the user search "Truck Series" it is not getting the row , but "Truck Series," is working.. How can I get for search "Truck Series"..?

Thanks

Ravi

Re: search query text field with Comma

Posted by Sven Maurmann <sv...@kippdata.de>.
Dear Ravi,

this is most likely the consequence of the analyzer-configuration: If you tokenize your text without removing the
commas (and other punctuation), the comma right after the word "Series" will be part of the resulting token. You
should check the configuration and make sure you use the appropriate analyzer (e.g. standard analyzer).

Best,

Sven

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi - you are probably using the WhitespaceTokenizer without a WordDelimiterFilter. Consider using the StandardTokenizer or add the WordDelimiterFilter.

Markus