Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/01/11 07:29:36 UTC

[Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.1.0-Alpha Release Preparation

Hi Devs,

I think we have now come to an end of completing features required for
4.1.0-Alpha release. According to the thread "[Discuss] Finalizing
4.1.0-Alpha Release" there are only two more tasks to be completed. Please
update that mail thread if you are seeing any more things to be done and if
you have contributed to any tasks.

In addition to the above tasks I can see that Lahiru is currently workin on
an issue in dependency scaling logic.

IMO now we need to update JIRA with all the work we have done for this
release and move any remaining tasks/improvements to future releases.

Once above tasks are completed we can verify the release using Mock
IaaS/sample applications, create the tag and announce 4.1.0-Alpha release.
WDYT?

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.1.0-Alpha Release Preparation

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Devs,

I think we need to make a small correction here, 4.1.0-Alpha would be a
developer preview and not a release. Once developer preview is ready will
review it, fix any issues, and do a release candidate. Once release
candidate is verified we could do the 4.1.0 release. Please add your
thoughts.

I will send another mail to correct this.

Thanks

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I think we have now come to an end of completing features required for
> 4.1.0-Alpha release. According to the thread "[Discuss] Finalizing
> 4.1.0-Alpha Release" there are only two more tasks to be completed. Please
> update that mail thread if you are seeing any more things to be done and if
> you have contributed to any tasks.
>
> In addition to the above tasks I can see that Lahiru is currently workin
> on an issue in dependency scaling logic.
>
> IMO now we need to update JIRA with all the work we have done for this
> release and move any remaining tasks/improvements to future releases.
>
> Once above tasks are completed we can verify the release using Mock
> IaaS/sample applications, create the tag and announce 4.1.0-Alpha release.
> WDYT?

+1 Imesh. Will prepare for alpha.

Devs, please update if anything missing for alpha. Please note, no any new
features are going with 4.1.0 after this.  Only bug fixing and releasing RC.

> Thanks
>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2