Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2002/10/08 22:40:25 UTC

Re: cannot marshal ...

Stan Berka <sb...@poptal.com> writes:

> At 03:14 PM 9/27/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> > > My question is how can I make a more structured
> > > "thingie" like for example a vector of vectors to be an argument or a
> > > return value ?
> >
> >Yes, you can do that.  Read the documentation for answers.
>
> Well, can you be more specific?  I don't see much about this issue
> except for one vague sentence
>
> in the XML-RPC type description page.  Do you mean I have to write
> myself a new XmlRpcHandler?

I don't know enough about your use case to answer that definitively.
Writing handlers is easy -- take a gander at the source code for any
of the existing ones for an example.

> The only thing that is different between <int> type and
> <MySalesInvoice> is how to convert MySalesInvoice to/from
> XML to an object.  Shouldn't there be a way to just plugin this piece
> into the standard handler?

I don't know what you mean by "standard handler."

Read the XML-RPC spec: http://www.xml-rpc.com/spec

Custom XML types are not supported.  Your handler can map to and from
XML-RPC native types to your custom classes.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>