Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/25 15:59:15 UTC

[codec][parent] javadoc on JDK 11 requires

There is a PR outstanding for [codec] that fails on JDK 11 for the
javadoc build [1].

It's not related to the PR but because the javadoc tool on JDK 11 is
strict about documenting code from the 'unamed' module.

This can be fixed with the <source> tag in the javadoc plugin:

<plugin>
   <configuration>
     <source>${maven.compiler.source}</source>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

[codec] currently inherits most of the configuration from
[commons-parent]. This <source> tag is present in parent version 48 in
the <reporting> section, the release profile but not the <build>
section. It seems it is still missing in 49-SNAPSHOT too.

So if you run `mvn site` then it works and it would work for a release
build. It is just missing for a regular build as run by travis.

Any objections to adding a temp fix to the codec pom for this and then
adding the tag to the parent 49-SNAPSHOT in the build section. When 49
is released then codec's modification can be dropped.

Alex

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-codec/pull/24

Re: [codec][parent] javadoc on JDK 11 requires

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.

> On 25 Jul 2019, at 21:22, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 4:19 PM Alex Herbert <alex.d.herbert@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>

>>> On 25 Jul 2019, at 20:31, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM Alex Herbert <alex.d.herbert@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>> <mailto:alex.d.herbert@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>>>

>>> I updated commons-parent.
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> And we fix [codec] now with the maven-javadoc-plugin configuration in the
>> pom?
>>
>> It can be replaced with parent 49 when that is released.
>>

> Sure, go for it :-)

All done.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.