Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bunmi Adeleye <ba...@syscodescomms.com> on 2022/07/11 16:08:17 UTC

Cloudstack mgt server not connecting to the DB server

Dear Team,

I installed cloudstack management server successfully but could not launch
the home page via a web browser. I checked the logs and discovered that the
mgt. server could not connect to the database server as shown in below
screenshot. What is probably responsible for this? The mgt. server and the
database server were installed on separate Ubuntu OS nodes. Your response is
highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Bunmi Adeleye

GM Technical Operations

Syscodes Communications Ltd

Tel: +234 8067480263

Address: 3rd Floor, 19, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos

Website:  <http://www.syscodescomms.com/> www.syscodescomms.com

Re: Cloudstack mgt server not connecting to the DB server

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
Hello Bunmi,

Since your screenshot is visible on the mailing list. Pasting the logs would rather help much. But you can check few things, I am assuming that server reachability is not a problem at network level.

1- Is your management server able to login to data base server.  You can check using -h option, Run the command from your management server - > # mysql -uroot -pā€™<Password>ā€™ -h<DB HOST IP>;
2- have your mysql-setup-database command gave any errors ?

Vivek Kumar
Sr. Manager - Cloud & DevOps
TechOps | Indiqus Technologies

vivek.kumar@indiqus.com <ma...@indiqus.com>
	www.indiqus.com <https://www.indiqus.com/>

> On 11-Jul-2022, at 9:38 PM, Bunmi Adeleye <ba...@syscodescomms.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Team,
>
> I installed cloudstack management server successfully but could not launch the home page via a web browser. I checked the logs and discovered that the mgt. server could not connect to the database server as shown in below screenshot. What is probably responsible for this? The mgt. server and the database server were installed on separate Ubuntu OS nodes. Your response is highly appreciated.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Best regards,
> Bunmi Adeleye
> GM Technical Operations
> Syscodes Communications Ltd
> Tel: +234 8067480263
> Address: 3rd Floor, 19, Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos
> Website: www.syscodescomms.com <http://www.syscodescomms.com/>

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
original message and any copy of it from your computer system. You are
communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been
obtained for such action. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Although IndiQus attempts to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both are
virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.