Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/29 18:47:38 UTC

system requirements for Royale

In the README I, um, read:

Royale requires Java SDK 1.7 or greater to be installed on your computer.

Is that true even if you are using the compiled binaries and not building
Royale?

For the help docs, are there any other system requirements, if we are
presuming a modern Mac or PC machine? Does Royale run on a Unix box?

--
Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/

Re: system requirements for Royale

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think java 8 is now required or minimum need is 7? [1]

I know that maven required java 8 for sure due to SASS plugin generator, so
I think we should put 8 instead of 7

[1]
https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/get-started/system-requirements.html

--