Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2005/11/16 01:41:25 UTC

ApacheCon sessions of interest

hi all :)

it's that time again, time to hit up your boss for a few days of sun in san
diego.  oh, and some cool talks on the stuff we love.

here are the sessions that might be of interest to mod_perl related folks.
first the mod_perl related ones

  o Practical mod_perl (full day tutorial)
  o From CGI to mod_perl 2.0, Fast!
  o mod_perl for Speed Freaks!

since lots of people here are interested in tricking out their clusters,
these talks are also notable for various reasons

  o Scalable Internet Architectures (half-day tutorial by theo schlossnagle)
  o HTTP Caching and Cache-busting for Content Publishers (by michael radwin
of yahoo)
  o Scalable Apache for Beginners
  o Improving Web Performance with Dynamic Compression
  o What's new in Apache HTTP Server 2.2 (no, not 2.0)

but I'm sure you can find something of interest.  the entire schedule is
visible here

  http://www.apachecon.com/2005/US/html/sessions.html

finally, in some shameless self-promotion, for those forced to do php
despite a penchant for perl, I'll be co-presenting a tutorial with php
notable chris shiflett on testing php using our beloved Apache-Test framework.

  o Power PHP Testing (half day tutorial)

anyway, I hope to see you all there.

--Geoff