Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2008/07/22 15:55:57 UTC

Protocol Logging

Hello,

I recently made the ability to log all protocol messages from the
client 08/0-9 code path easier to extract by setting system property
amqj.protocol.logging.level=info.

It would be good if we could standardized this functionality accross
0-10 and the Java broker.

The logging is not dynamically configurable so it should be removed by
the JIT if disabled.

This change has not yet been code reviewed hence I'm just looking for
some early feedback on this change and everyone's though about
including it in the clients and brokers.

It would be great if we could increase the level of
configuration/properties shared between Qpid languages.

Regards

--
Martin Ritchie