Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/16 21:25:30 UTC

no working htmlEditor ?

Hi,

It's been a few days I've been trying now, helas not with the results
I had enviseaged.
To go over them:

- For the sandbox examples on svn.apache.org: this site is down
currently ("ViewCVS is down. Sorry, viewcvs is down due to flooding
until further notice.")
& What's the exact path when it's up again? (is there a myfaces subdir?)

- Dojo: This didn't work for me. Safari first doesn't show the
buttons. When I reload the page, I (every time) have to force quit it.

- TinyMCE: buttons render in Safari only (not in FF/IE/...)

- Tomahawk t:html: in all browsers, t:htmlInput is passing a "null"
value...  (which it didn't before, don't know what has changed)

--> :-(

What keeps amazing me is: so many options for this component, yet
none of them is robust, or better: just works. Even not the one
MyFaces ships with. (this amazed me most in fact)

My blog you already read, right ? Dojo itself ([3]) contains also
*p(l)ain* html samples on that.

Is this working for you ?
[2] or [3] ?

> 2/ If I follow the advice you given here: http://wiki.apache.org/
> myfaces/StreamingAddResource,
> should I *remove* the adjustments I got from http://
> myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html and only add this
> extra context par from streaming resource?
> (i.e. are they mutual exclusive or should I leave both the
> declaration of the extentionfilter (from "add res") & the different
> page tags + ctx par (from streaming res)
> Pardon if this is a stupid qustion, but I just don't know what it
> does, even less what the diference between these 2 options would be
> and (by consequence) whether I should choose or apply them both...
> (??)

StreamingAddResource is for optimizing AddResource. Don't care
to much. I think 1) is your biggest problem, right ?

> 3/ After following the advice from http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/
> StreamingAddResource, my page navogation is broke.To the URL is just
> added a # (e.g. http://localhost:8080/page1 becomes http://localhost:
> 8080/page1# after clicking a button to navgate to a different page,
> instead of actually going there)
> Btw if you're developing the "t:documentBody", it would be very
> welcome should it also accept the "style" attribute.

HTH,
Matthias

[1] svn.apache.org
[2] http://irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/dojo/textareatestjsfonly.jsf
[3] http://dojotoolkit.org/

Re: no working htmlEditor ?

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.
> - Tomahawk t:html: in all browsers, t:htmlInput is passing a "null"
> value...  (which it didn't before, don't know what has changed)

have you looked at the Renderer for this ? Maybe it uses "old" JS
stuff for rendering;
don't know that.

-- Has someone else an idea about this?

I think simplica or ice-faces provide a *commercial* version of what
you are
looking for. Maybe that is a choice for you?

-- Unfortunately that is no option. I can of course always just use a
plain textarea again. It's a kick-down but at least it works ;-)
-Wolf.

Re: no working htmlEditor ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On 7/16/06, Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been a few days I've been trying now, helas not with the results
> I had enviseaged.
> To go over them:
>
> - For the sandbox examples on svn.apache.org: this site is down
> currently ("ViewCVS is down. Sorry, viewcvs is down due to flooding
> until further notice.")
> & What's the exact path when it's up again? (is there a myfaces subdir?)

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/

examples: means examples
core: means the components as source

> - Dojo: This didn't work for me. Safari first doesn't show the
> buttons. When I reload the page, I (every time) have to force quit it.

have you used *plain* DOJO? Without JSF?
have you asked the dojo list ?

> - TinyMCE: buttons render in Safari only (not in FF/IE/...)

sorry, no idea

> - Tomahawk t:html: in all browsers, t:htmlInput is passing a "null"
> value...  (which it didn't before, don't know what has changed)

have you looked at the Renderer for this ? Maybe it uses "old" JS
stuff for rendering;
don't know that.

> --> :-(
>
> What keeps amazing me is: so many options for this component, yet
> none of them is robust, or better: just works. Even not the one
> MyFaces ships with. (this amazed me most in fact)

I think simplica or ice-faces provide a *commercial* version of what you are
looking for. Maybe that is a choice for you?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: