Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net> on 2000/09/19 01:20:34 UTC

Re: question about mod_jserv

Are you installing it stand-alone or with Apache. For stand-alone  you do not
need anything else beside the Tomcat binary tar/zip. You only need mod-JServe
when you want to compile source Apache for Unix/Linux. You do not need it even
for running with a binary release of Apache. I had to compile Apache for Linux
because that is the only way to run with the SSL version but you do not need to
do that just yet.  Please learn to walk before attempting 'rocket science' (-:
Things should really be much simpler but we like to have lots of options
..............)
Regards - George

Re: question about mod_jserv | Thanks!

Posted by Jorge Martinez <jo...@mail.yourfit.com>.
Hi George, everybody:

I was distracted or can't read ;-), and also it was too late last night.

I had downloaded the binary Tomcat dist. (hence no source there), and the
instructions tell you that you must have the sourceTomcat dist. Found what needed
to build my own mod_jserv.so

Thanks for the help.  I am installing Tomcat as a module, not a stand alone.

Regards,

Jorge M.

So as you can see, the manual

Posted by Jorge Martinez <jo...@mail.yourfit.com>.