Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Philipp Salzgeber <ph...@ucpmorgen.com> on 2004/02/11 09:29:37 UTC

2.1.3 or 2.2.0a15???

Hi!

I am starting on a project where James will be used as a smtp server. I
am going to write a mailet which sends all incoming msgs to a
SessionBean in an EJB Container.

I am wondering if I should use the productive version 2.1 or if the
advantages of the 2.2.0a15 outweigh the non-stable status of the code?

with best regards

Philipp

Re: 2.1.3 or 2.2.0a15???

Posted by Soren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com>.
Hi,

Personally I would choose 2.2.0a15.
It is not less stable than 2.1, as a lot of bug-fixes have been applied.
So in short you get the best of two worlds more stability and more features,
ain't life great.

--Søren

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 09:29, Philipp Salzgeber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am starting on a project where James will be used as a smtp server. I
> am going to write a mailet which sends all incoming msgs to a
> SessionBean in an EJB Container.
>
> I am wondering if I should use the productive version 2.1 or if the
> advantages of the 2.2.0a15 outweigh the non-stable status of the code?
>
> with best regards
>
> Philipp

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S	Fax:	+45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12		Direct:	+45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj		Email:	soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com