Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/02/13 18:07:54 UTC

Cocoon and informix stored procedures

Hi,

I have to some a web app that runs stored procedures in informix. Gets the
data in xml and converts to html,(tables),excel and other formats. Hence I
choose cocoon to write my webapp.

 Is there a way I can call a stored procedure from cocoon and convert the
resultset into xml. The database we are using is informix. The data obtained
from the stored procedure could be in tens of thousands or records.

Can cocoon handle such huge data?

Can someone please answer my questions.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Cocoon and informix stored procedures

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Anna Bikkina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to some a web app that runs stored procedures in informix. Gets the
> data in xml and converts to html,(tables),excel and other formats. Hence I
> choose cocoon to write my webapp.
>
>  Is there a way I can call a stored procedure from cocoon and convert the
> resultset into xml. The database we are using is informix. The data obtained
> from the stored procedure could be in tens of thousands or records.

I'd go for ESQL (and XSP) in this case. Pls see docs on ESQL. When
calling INFORMIX SP bear in mind that you may not use execute() but
executeQuery() (at least last time I looked at the driver) and you need
to set the corresponding flag for ESQL.

> Can cocoon handle such huge data?

Yes.

	Chris.