Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Steve Blackburn <St...@anu.edu.au> on 2005/05/28 06:41:31 UTC

Java OS (was Re: Terminology etc)

Perhaps this needs to go into the FAQ too ;-)

JNode is an OS written in Java

http://jnode.org/

Singularity is an OS written in C#

http://research.microsoft.com/os/singularity/

Both of those projects are exploring the issues Matthew raises.  And
yes, real-time issues are important.  The implications for GC, for
example, are very interesting.  Since jnode is open source, you can
satisfy your curiousity by going to the site and checking out the
source.  Better yet, download it, build it and run it on your box at home!

Cheers,

--Steve