Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Cory Wilkerson <cw...@travelnow.com> on 2003/01/20 21:24:20 UTC

ahhh..more nonsense

Managed to explicitly cast that last bit to java.rmi.Remote -- now a new issue rears its ugly head.

init:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\PROJECTS\travelnowCore\resource\web_service
    [javac] C:\PROJECTS\travelnowCore\resource\web_service\localhost\XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub.java:10: localhost.XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub should be
	declared abstract; it does not define getPort(javax.xml.namespace.QName,java.lang.Class) in localhost.XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub
    [javac] public class XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub extends org.apache.axis.client.Stub implements localhost.XmlInterface {
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] 1 error

So, after digging through this...XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub implements XmlInterface and extends javax.xml.rpc.Service which defines method getPort(QName, Class)...I don't see that it is defined as abstract in the Service class...any ideas why I'm forced to define it in XmlInterfaceSoapBindingStub...shouldn't the tool provide this for me?

Sorry for the inundation,
Cory