Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/28 10:38:47 UTC

Text filters does not work

Hi again.

I'm having problems with text filter service. I built the
contrib/textfilters package and I included the resulting
jackrabbit-textfilters-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in my application classpath. The
problem is that TextFilterService class is unable to find any filters, even
though that a services/org...TextFilterService file is wihin the META-INF
jar's directory.

I think that this must to be with Eclipse RCP classloader mechanism, but the
fact is that it does not work. I find a little bit strange this way to load
services, and as you can see, it seems problematic in some scenarios.

Anyone has found this problem?

Re: Text filters does not work

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Martin,

we had a similar problem with the query languages, but I solved that one
by telling the registry to use a specific classloader. this seemed to work.
I'm not sure this will also work for the text filters, because the jar
file might be in another classloader.

could you please post a jira bug? I'll then change the discovery
mechanism to use good old xml config ;)

thanks.

regards
  marcel