Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/09/21 19:39:44 UTC

Re: Logo contest question

I am not sure about those votes...

We probably need to clean out the voting and start it on an official week,
etc.

Jeff

Re: Logo contest question

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1 :)

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> This was an action item for me to get started, but here we go. :)
>
> There are a few things I think we need to do.
>
> First, we should get input from the Apache Public Relations Committee
> as to what guidelines they are enforcing for logos, if they have any.
>
> Then I believe that we should
>
> 1) Have a deadline for any logo candidates (like a week...)
>
> 2) Based on the guidelines, winnow out any contributions that we
> wouldn't accept.  I think anything is fair game as long as it would  be
> in line with what the ASF allows.
>
> 3) Hold a vote on our logo - again, for a period of a week...
>
> geir
>

> On Sep 21, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I am not sure about those votes...
>>
>> We probably need to clean out the voting and start it on an  official
>> week,
>> etc.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

>>> What is the current state of the logo contest?  Seems like its  been
>>> open
>>> for a long time and I didn't see anything on the Wiki that  indicated an
>>> end date.  The reason I'm asking is that I need to replace some of  the
>>> GIFs in DayTrader that were formerly the IBM logos and images with  some
>>> new and cooler ones.  One thing I'd like to do is ask for  contributions
>>> but it doesn't seem appropriate if e haven't figured out the contest
>>> that we have open already.
>>>
>>> If we need someone to lead the voting and process to bring that to
>>> conclusion I volunteer to lead it with the PMC's permission so I  can
>>> get
>>> some other artwork in the pipeline.
>>>
>>> The current results as of today are:
>>>
>>> Number 6 is clearly out in the lead.  I'm not sure hot the contest  was
>>> structured but it looks like people have been voting has been  going on
>>> all along but new entries have been coming in too so the folks who  were
>>> late to the party may have been a better choice had they been on the
>>> list previously.  I assume that the PMC will be taking that into
>>> account.
>>>
>>> Votes    Entry
>>> 0    #18
>>> 2    #17
>>> 0    #16
>>> 0    #15
>>> 0    #14
>>> 0    #13
>>> 0    #12
>>> 18    #11
>>> 0    #10
>>> 1    #9
>>> 1    #8
>>> 2    #7
>>> 39    #6
>>> 0    #5
>>> 2    #4
>>> 4    #3
>>> 28    #2

Re: Logo contest question

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I'll be happy to help out there...

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Logo contest question

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Re: Logo contest question

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
And Matt, if you want to lead it, you are welcome to :)

On Sep 21, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> This was an action item for me to get started, but here we go. :)
>
> There are a few things I think we need to do.
>
> First, we should get input from the Apache Public Relations
> Committee as to what guidelines they are enforcing for logos, if
> they have any.
>
> Then I believe that we should
>
> 1) Have a deadline for any logo candidates (like a week...)
>
> 2) Based on the guidelines, winnow out any contributions that we
> wouldn't accept.  I think anything is fair game as long as it would
> be in line with what the ASF allows.
>
> 3) Hold a vote on our logo - again, for a period of a week...
>
> geir
>

> On Sep 21, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>

>> I am not sure about those votes...
>>
>> We probably need to clean out the voting and start it on an
>> official week,
>> etc.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

>>> What is the current state of the logo contest?  Seems like its
>>> been open
>>> for a long time and I didn't see anything on the Wiki that
>>> indicated an
>>> end date.  The reason I'm asking is that I need to replace some
>>> of the
>>> GIFs in DayTrader that were formerly the IBM logos and images
>>> with some
>>> new and cooler ones.  One thing I'd like to do is ask for
>>> contributions
>>> but it doesn't seem appropriate if e haven't figured out the contest
>>> that we have open already.
>>>
>>> If we need someone to lead the voting and process to bring that to
>>> conclusion I volunteer to lead it with the PMC's permission so I
>>> can get
>>> some other artwork in the pipeline.
>>>
>>> The current results as of today are:
>>>
>>> Number 6 is clearly out in the lead.  I'm not sure hot the
>>> contest was
>>> structured but it looks like people have been voting has been
>>> going on
>>> all along but new entries have been coming in too so the folks
>>> who were
>>> late to the party may have been a better choice had they been on the
>>> list previously.  I assume that the PMC will be taking that into
>>> account.
>>>
>>> Votes    Entry
>>> 0    #18
>>> 2    #17