Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@canada.com> on 2002/03/28 18:39:22 UTC

HSSFSerializer and mime-type hard-coded?

Hi all,

I was just testing the refactored examples and noticed that the
mime-type being returned on the Hello World XLS is vnd.ms-excel.

I would have expected it to be application/vnd.ms-excel as that is how
the mime-type is defined in the sitemap.  In fact, changing the
mime-type in the sitemap to, say, application/blah-blah-blah has no
effect on the mime-type being sent back to the browser.

Is this actually the intended behaviour?  I did notice there is a method
called getMimeType() in HSSFSerializer.java that always returns the
fixed string "vnd.ms-excel" ...

--
Rick Tessner
ricktessner@canada.com

"There are no bad days.  Only good days and great days."