Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2013/02/19 19:52:24 UTC

[VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.1 Release Candidate 0

This is the first release candidate for Apache BookKeeper, version 4.2.1.

This is a bugfix release to address the performance issues caused by BOOKKEEPER-569
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-569

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12323840&styleName=Html&projectId=12311293

*** Please download, test and vote by February 26th 2013, 10:00 UTC+0. ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.2.1-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-271/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.2.1

BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.2.1 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
As with have 5 +1 (Uma, Sijie, Ben, Flavio, mine) including the
required 3 PMC +1, this vote has passed. I will copy the artifacts
into place and make the release once the mirrors have synced.

Thanks for taking a look at this guys.

-Ivan

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.
+1 thanx for putting this together ivan!

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
sorry, forgot to respond to this one.

+1.

I have run tests, and checked the binary packages for both bookkeeper and
hedwig.

thanks Ivan for this.

-Sijie

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.