Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Yoalli Hidalgo Pontet <yh...@asu.edu> on 2017/05/25 16:22:46 UTC

Installing apache's qpid-proton project on OS X

Hi QPID users,

I would love to use Apache's qpid project as part of another project I am
working on. However the installation instructions I found don't provide the
steps to install it on OS X (in my case, the version I use is OS X 10.12
Sierra):
https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/INSTALL.md

I have been trying to look for the required packages on homebrew and
macports (which are OS X's packet managers, like apt-get and yum on Linux),
and online. I have found some of them and I am still looking for the rest,
which is a bit hard because sometimes they a different name, or have old
sub-dependencies, etc.

If any of you has successfully installed it on OS X, could you please share
the steps with me?

Thank you in advance for your help with this request, I am really looking
forward start using qpid! :D

Yoalli

 (\ /)
(  . .)
c('')('')

Re: Installing apache's qpid-proton project on OS X

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi,

Last time I built Qpid Proton on MacOS was about a month ago. I don't
really have a guide for you. But I don't remember doing anything special to
make it work (I was surprised my self that it simply worked). I used
homebrew to install all needed tools and dependencies, but they were not
that many (gcc, cmake, openssl ... maybe something more). For the record,
all I needed was the Proton libraries and the Go-lang binding. For that is
seemed to work fine. Perhaps it is not that easy if you need something more
(some other bindings etc.).

Can you share the details where exactly you got stuck? Maybe I will
remember something.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Posted by Venkat B <bv...@gmail.com>.
Good day Yoalli,

I was able to get qpid to run on a mac by applying the attached patches,
more info here:
https://github.com/apache/qpid/pull/7
Note that my installation is only for experimenting / testing but it serves
my purpose.

Regards,
Venkat