Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2011/11/03 15:12:01 UTC

VPN giving 500 errors

This morning I found my previously working widgets were no longer able
to connect to the remote service API. I've solved the problem but it
was a bit misleading so I'm posting here for future memory aids...

Basically, tracing execution indicated that the remote host (e.g.
Twitter) was giving a 500 "permission denied" error. However,
accessing the API using Curl presented no such problem.

Eventually I turned off my VPN and it all worked again. I'm not sure
why the VPN was denying the request or if we can work around it (nor
do I care, I'm just bypassing the VPN for wookie).

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)