Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by David Wright <dw...@hardcat.com> on 2016/05/05 22:34:58 UTC

Which openssl revision from GIT repo?

I have downloaded thrift-0.9.3.exe and generated from a thrift file - I
would now like to compile the dependant C++ library to get my C++ client
talking to my Erlang server.

I have obtained openssl and am having trouble working out which revision
to use - there are many and the two I have tried against thrift (0.9.3)
fails to compile - "CRYPTO_LOCK undefined"?

Can anyone point me to which version of openssl is supposed to work with
thrift 0.9.3 release?

I am attempting this on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Windows 10.

David Gray Wright

RE: Which openssl revision from GIT repo?

Posted by David Wright <dw...@hardcat.com>.
As I have stated in my original email.

> > I have downloaded thrift-0.9.3.exe and generated from a thrift file
> > - I would now like to compile the dependant C++ library to get my
> > C++ client talking to my Erlang server.

I used thrift-0.9.3.exe to generate the stubs and skeletons but need to compile the dependant library to get the client server parts working.

I am NOT looking to compile the thirft-0.9.3.EXE just the relevant libraries to get my client and server to compile.

I have checked out the 0.9.3 tag of Thrift but cannot work out which version of OPENSSL to use for 0.9.3 to work.

I am NOT getting linker problems related to 32\64 bit on windows...

I am getting CRYPTO_LOCK Undefined in the compilation step.

> > I have obtained openssl and am having trouble working out which
> > revision to use - there are many and the two I have tried against
> > thrift (0.9.3) fails to compile - "CRYPTO_LOCK undefined"?

ANY help appreciated.

Posted by Aki Sukegawa <ns...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.