Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by ge...@ws.apache.org on 2004/12/28 15:13:30 UTC

[Apache Web Services Wiki] New: FrontPage/Axis/StandardsSupported

   Date: 2004-12-28T06:13:30
   Editor: RickKellogg
   Wiki: Apache Web Services Wiki
   Page: FrontPage/Axis/StandardsSupported

   no comment

New Page:

##language:en
'''Q: Which industry standards does Axis support?'''

A: Axis v1.1 supports the following specifications:
	W3C SOAP [http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP v1.1] and [http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part0 v1.2 Candidate Recommendation]
	[/Wsdl W3C Web Service Description Language (WSDL) v1.1]
	[/Saaj Sun  SOAP with Attachments API for Java (SAAJ) v1.1]
	[/JaxRpc Sun Java API for XML-Based RPC (JAX-RPC) v1.0]

'''Goals for Axis 1.2 include JAX-RPC 1.1 and SAAJ 1.2 compliance.'''

The Axis code has successfully passed all of the JAX-RPC and SAAJ TCK (Technology Compatibility Kit) tests.

'''Q: What about support for the[wiki:/Wsi Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I)] Basic Profile?'''

A: Compliance with the WS-I Basic profile should be available in Axis 1.2.  This will be included as part of JAX-RPC 1.1 compliance.