Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Abhilash L L <ab...@capillarytech.com> on 2014/09/06 08:37:22 UTC

Hive Mapred local task distribution

Hello,

   We are using Hive 0.11 connecting to it via Hive Thrift server 2.

   A lot of our queries are launching map red local tasks, which is good
and expected. Since we are firing queries in parallel, these tasks are all
starting on same host and  consuming a lot of resources.

   Is there a way to distribute these on different nodes ?

    Or the only possibility is to do it in app layer and load balance it on
few of the thrift servers ?

    Please do let me know in case I have to share any more information
regarding the setup etc.

Regards,
Abhilash L L
Capillary Technologies
M:919886208262
abhilash@capillarytech.com | www.capillarytech.com

Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
 Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy
<http://support.capillary.co.in/policy-public/Corporate-Email-Policy.pdf>
for details. Contents of this email are confidential. Please contact the
Sender if you have received this email in error.

--
Email from people at capillarytech.com may not represent official policy of
Capillary Technologies unless explicitly stated. Please see our
Corporate-Email-Policy for details.Contents of this email are confidential.
Please contact the Sender if you have received this email in error.

Re: Hive Mapred local task distribution

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
You might be able to control what tasks to run locally. However, once they
run locally, they have to do so on HiveServer2 host.

It's possible to run the local tasks in separate JVMs. Still, the same host.

--Xuefu

Posted by Abhilash L L <ab...@capillarytech.com>.
Hi Xuefu,

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.