Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Garrett Serack - x3 <ga...@timesthree.com> on 2001/02/07 22:08:57 UTC

Apache Soap 2.1 and Tomcat 4.0b1(Catalina)

Is anyone using these two peices of technology together?

I'm not getting any success in running services with apache soap 2.1
and the Tomcat 4.0 b1...

I'm using the command line tool to list the services in a fresh, unused Soap
server, and
the response is comming back like this:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:56:05 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0-b1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=2048E6F6446794D4450414F322A5B1C8;Path=/services

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:listResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:xml-soap-service-management-service"
<return xmlns:ns2="http:/

Now, The blank line in the middle of the header is clearly the problem.
Does anyone know why this happens?

gs

 NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY The information contained in this email is
confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please immediately notify us by emailing
is.support@cell-loc.com.  Thank you.

Re: Apache Soap 2.1 and Tomcat 4.0b1(Catalina)

Posted by Paul I-Lung Lin <Pa...@oracle.com>.
Apache Soap 2.1 and Tomcat 4.0b1(Catalina)Hi Garrett,

I'm responding to you because no one responded to me when I asked this question :)
I did try with nightly builds before Soap 2.1 on Tomcat 4.0 b1 and Tomcat 4.0 m5 (and
a whole slew of other tomcats). Somehow their servlet library is not compliant with the
version needed by Soap 2.1. The problem you're seeing, I have seen as well. My only
observation is that when the servlet is writing into the writer, the stream is unexpected
closed.My suggestion is to just go back to Tomcat 3.1 or Tomcat 3.2.1 (that's what I
have working). Thanks to Mike Spreitzer for helping me out.

Paul

  Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:56:05 GMT
  Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0-b1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
  Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=2048E6F6446794D4450414F322A5B1C8;Path=/services

  <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
  <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">

  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
  <ns1:listResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:xml-soap-service-management-service" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

  <return xmlns:ns2="http:/

  Now, The blank line in the middle of the header is clearly the problem.
  Does anyone know why this happens?

  gs

   NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY The information contained in this email is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by emailing is.support@cell-loc.com.  Thank you.

Re: Apache Soap 2.1 and Tomcat 4.0b1(Catalina)