Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by mathieu ferlay <mf...@gnubila.fr> on 2017/03/24 07:36:48 UTC

how to use kylin

Hi everybody,

I'm totally new with Kylin and I'm not sure to have really understood how to
use Kylin and in which cases. I have created my tables in hive and
synchronized them with Kylin. I can see them in Kylin web UI.

I have linked my project to Kylin by using the JDBC driver and I want to
populate my tables.

My issue is I obtain an error which says  a stuff like SQL is not supported
when I try to do an INSERT. What I start to think is Kylin allows only to
use SELECT requests.

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Mathieu FERLAY

R&D Engineer

GNUBILA/MAAT France
174, Imp. Pres d'en Bas
74370 Argonay (France)

Tel. 0033 450 685 601
Fax. 0033 972 213 540

 <http://www.gnubila.fr> www.gnubila.fr
 <ma...@gnubila.fr> mferlay@gnubila.fr

PRIVACY DESIGNER

RE: how to use kylin

Posted by mathieu ferlay <mf...@gnubila.fr>.
OK it’s what’s I started to understand

thanks

Apache Kylin its a cube on Hadoop (= read only)

Hi everybody,

I’m totally new with Kylin and I’m not sure to have really understood how to use Kylin and in which cases. I have created my tables in hive and synchronized them with Kylin. I can see them in Kylin web UI.

I have linked my project to Kylin by using the JDBC driver and I want to populate my tables.

My issue is I obtain an error which says  a stuff like SQL is not supported when I try to do an INSERT. What I start to think is Kylin allows only to use SELECT requests.

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Mathieu FERLAY

R&D Engineer