Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "DeGruchy, Luke" <ld...@minacom.com> on 2002/07/11 21:48:56 UTC

XUpdate

 I'm trying to run XUpdate, from one of the sample classes provided with
Xindice.  When trying to run the same XUpdate class, I used to get the
following error:

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException:
IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0
at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIExceptionHelper.read(APIExceptionHelpe
r.java:112) at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_Collecti
onStub.java:833) at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResul
t(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:165) at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpd
ateQueryServiceImpl.java:185) at
de.mux.testing.database.Heinz.main(Heinz.java:32)
XML:DB Exception occured 1 Query Processing Error

Following the suggestions on one of the messages on the mailing list, I
applied the following fix.  Instead of running startup.bat, I ran the
following command to start the database:

C:\Java\xml-xindice-1.0>java
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\java\xml-xindice-1.0\xml-xindice-1.0\java\lib
-Dxindic
e.home=C:\java\xml-xindice-1.0\xml-xindice-1.0
org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice config\system.xml

Then, I tried again to run the XUpdate sample code, and I got ANOTHER stack
trace:

org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN:   minor code: 0 completed: Maybe
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ReplyMessage.getSystemException(ReplyMessage.
java:93)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl.getSystemException(ClientR
esponseImpl.java:83)

        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:20
4)
        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:459)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_Collecti
onStub.java:820)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResul
t(XUpdateQueryServic
eImpl.java:165)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpd
ateQueryServiceImpl.
java:185)
        at org.apache.xindice.examples.XUpdate.main(XUpdate.java:91)
XML:DB Exception occured 1

What am I doing wrong?  What needs to be fixed?

Thanks.

Luke deGruchy
Software Developer

Minacom