Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/09/06 21:20:27 UTC

Question about commands.properties.in file

Hi,

I was looking at the commands.properties.in file. It lists the following
roles:

1 = ADMIN, 2 = RESOURCE_DOMAIN_ADMIN, 4 = DOMAIN_ADMIN, 8 = USER

I'm used to us using the terms root admin, domain admin, and user.

I assume ADMIN is a root admin?

What is a resource domain admin?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Question about commands.properties.in file

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Mike - Resource domain admin was supposed to be a domain admin with some
additional rights like listing "resources" such as
Pods/Clusters/Hosts/Pools etc.
The idea was cultivated to dedicate a zone to a domain and the resource
domain admin can be in charge of this zone.