Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 20:35:32 UTC

Problems with running oozie hive action

I have a problem running oozie hive action,when the serde is defined on the
hive table. The serde can't be found.
I tried to add the serde to the hive shared lib in oozie but it didn't
help. I also tried to add it via aux property, pointing to HDFS location
but it didn't help either.
Any suggestions?

Boris.

Re: Problems with running oozie hive action

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
The auxlib is really a PITA all around.

I use the "Plan B action" https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/m6d_oozie

On my ThriftServer I set the auxlib path in the in my hive-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>hive.aux.jars.path</name>
    <value>file:////opt/hive-0.7.0/auxlib/hadoop-lib-1.5.3.jar,file:////opt/hive-0.7.0/auxlib/hive-protobuf.jar,file:////opt/hive-0.7.0/auxlib/protobuf-java.jar</value>
  </property>

Again auxlib is a large pain. Depending on what your entry point into
Hive is it is tricky to get everything you need on the classpath. If I
was not using PLAN B the only option I can see would be building your
serde into a forked version of hive (I am not even sure if getting it
on the hadoop classpath works!)

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.