Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Wichmann <Ma...@web.de> on 2009/10/25 21:29:59 UTC

lookup of 'WPort::Startup::ChildInitHandler::handler' failed

Hi, does anyone know why I get this error message in my apache log?

I am using the following setup:

File: /var/www/htdocs/wport/Startup.pm

package WPort::Startup;
[...]
my $server = Apache2::ServerUtil->server;
my $conf = <<EOC;

  PerlChildInitHandler WPort::Startup::ChildInitHandler

  Alias /wport $app_path
  <Location /wport>
    SetHandler perl-script
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from .home
    PerlResponseHandler WPort::Startup::Dispatch
    Options -Indexes
    AddDefaultCharset utf-8
  </Location>
EOC
$server->add_config([split("\n", $conf)]);

# this is inside of Startup.pm...
package WPort::Startup::ChildInitHandler;
use strict;
use warnings;
use WPort;
use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(OK);

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;
    my $config = WPort->config();
    $config->loglevel('debug');
    my $logger = WPort->logger();
    $logger->add_message({type => 'debug', message => "process $$ is born to serve"});
    return Apache2::Const::OK;
}

[...]

1;

My Apache vhosts.conf includes the following:

PerlOptions +Parent
PerlSwitches -I/var/www/htdocs/wport
PerlConfigRequire "Startup.pm"

The PerlResponseHandler works as expected, sites are delivered properly.
The ChildInitHandler definitely does not work...

Thanks for your help :-)

Michael