Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by ephram fernando <st...@googlemail.com> on 2005/10/20 13:44:42 UTC

where to include or specify the .properties file

Hello everyone,
In my project I need to add a .properties file inorder to substitute some
values .I have added that in the WEB-INF directory.I donno where to include
this file for configuration settings either in .xmap or in .xconf files?any
ideas??

Re: where to include or specify the .properties file

Posted by Robina Brintha <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks renaud for your reply. Actually I need to use these values in one of
the class files in the lenya src. I need to give some values for the
ResourceManager.java file which is inside org\apache\lenya\cms\publication\.
I changed the value in it by recompiling the source each time and drop the
newly generated class file into the build\lenya\webapp\WEB-INF\classes each
time I make modification to that file.So I thought of putting all the values
in the .properties file in the WEB_INF and make use of it to change those
values instead of recompiling again . I donno if this has to do something
with ant process.Any ideas?? thanks in advance.

On 10/21/05, Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com> wrote:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> > Hello everyone,
> > In my project I need to add a .properties file inorder to substitute
> > some values .
>
> Has this .properties file something to do with the Ant build process? If
> so, create a file called local.build.properties, as described on the
> Lenya website. Otherwise: what do you want to use these values for?
>
> HTH,
> Renaud
>
> > I have added that in the WEB-INF directory.I donno where to include
> > this file for configuration settings either in .xmap or in .xconf
> > files?any ideas??
>

> --
> Renaud Richardet
> COO America
> Wyona Inc. - Open Source Content Management - Apache Lenya
> office +1 857 776-3195 mobile +1 617 230 9112
> renaud.richardet@wyona.com http://www.wyona.com

Dear Sir,
I am Robina Brintha Ephram currently working as a research associate at
Fraunhofer Institute for Media Communication at Bonn, Germany
I have gone through the profile of your organization and I found it really
interesting and exciting. Since domain of my interest matches with your area
of expertise, I would like to enquire if there is any vacancy for me in your
esteemed organization. In this regard, I am willing to send letters of
reference /recommendations from Prof. Velasco and other people with whom I
had opportunity to collaborate for my work in the past.
Herewith I am enclosing my Curriculum Vitae (Please refer final1.pdf) for
your kind perusal.
I thank you in advance for considering me favorably and I look forward to
hear from you.
Warm regards
Robina Brintha

Re: where to include or specify the .properties file

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com>.
Hi Fernando,

--
Renaud Richardet