Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Murphy, James" <Ja...@excelergy.com> on 2001/08/31 17:05:27 UTC

void XMLURL::setURL(const XMLCh* const urlText)

I really wish[1] didn't throw an exception when parsing a pathname instead
of a url.  Just returning false would be better in my view.  This creates
6-10 exception per parse for use since we _always_ have file paths not urls
for our schema locations.  It really muddies up debugging.

 A couple of spots to bubble up the return code would be easy but eventually
end when the constructor throw an exception.  I'm not a big fan of that
behavior either.

Thoughts?

Jim

[1] void XMLURL::parse(const XMLCh* const urlText)

Re: void XMLURL::setURL(const XMLCh* const urlText)

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Use LocalFileInputSource to pass in your file names, then the parser won't
have to figure it out itself.

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"