Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Joe Gregorio <jo...@mts.com> on 2000/01/27 04:41:19 UTC

Re: Can't build from fresh checkout

Thanks! Now I can build. But now TestXSLT does not work.

For example the simple example under xml-xalan\samples\simple does not work.

C:\xml-xalan\samples\simple>ls
CVS             foo.xml         readme.txt
Makefile        foo.xsl         transform.java

C:\xml-xalan\samples\simple>c:\sw_dev\austin\TestXSLT -IN foo.xml -OUT foo.html
-XSL foo.xsl
========= Parsing foo.xsl ==========

Fatatal Error at (file , line 0, char 0):
XSL Warning: Error parsing foo.xsl
XSL Warning: processStylesheet not successful!

SAXException
C:\xml-xalan\samples\simple>c:\sw_dev\austin\TestXSLT -IN foo.xml -OUT foo.html
-XSL c:\xml-xalan\samples\simple\foo.xsl
========= Parsing file:///c:\xml-xalan\samples\simple\foo.xsl ==========
Parse of file:///c:\xml-xalan\samples\simple\foo.xsl took 610 millis
========= Parsing foo.xml ==========

Fatatal Error at (file , line 0, char 0):
XSL Error: Could not parse foo.xml document!

XSLException Type is : XSLTProcessorException
Message is : Could not parse foo.xml document!

C:\xml-xalan\samples\simple>

Note that the second time I ran it it got further. That is because
I added the full path to foo.xsl.

The problem is that when the name foo.xsl is passed to XMLURL there is
no context about where it comes from. Should TestXSLT be prepending
a file:// to all the names it is given and fully qualifying the file names
before they are passed to XMLURL?

	Thanks,
	-joe