Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Shawna <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/08/13 21:44:29 UTC

HELP!!

   My computer lost power and shut off when I was in the middle of typing in the spreadsheet doc I had on my desktop. Now I am NOT able to open this document……can anyone help me pls??
  When I try to open it, it asks what format I want to open it in, and there is also a ~lock on my desktop for this file…..
Please help!!
Thank you!!
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: HELP!!

Posted by JD <jd...@gmail.com>.
So,Shawna....
Did this help to open your file or retrieve your file in any way.
I am curious because I have not run into this situation and would
like to know if it worked.

Cheers,

JD

Re: HELP!!

Posted by zahra a <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
if you use windows and newer version than xp, you can right click in
your file and activate properties and check windows previous versions
or somethings like this, then save your changes and have previous
version of your file to use before this problem.
also in openoffice options, load-save, general do activate these two
options to prevent from such problems in the future.
Always create backup copy
and Save AutoRecovery information every:

hope that help and God bless you!

On 8/14/17, Shawna <an...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>    My computer lost power and shut off when I was in the middle of typing in
> the spreadsheet doc I had on my desktop. Now I am NOT able to open this
> document……can anyone help me pls??
>   When I try to open it, it asks what format I want to open it in, and there
> is also a ~lock on my desktop for this file…..
> Please help!!
> Thank you!!
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.