Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> on 2001/10/17 23:36:57 UTC

checking for openssl 0.9.6a

hey all,
i was going through the httpd-test , i went into the flood
directory, it said in the STATUS file about asking autoconf
to check for OpenSSL 0.9.6a, i found out that there is no
way i could do it because i am new to the autoconf
environment.

But I have the information if someone was interested in
fixing the problem:

Installation directory: /usr/local/ssl
Bin Directory: /usr/local/ssl/bin (openssl)
Lib Directory: /usr/local/ssl/lib/ (libssl.a)

I tried the following command and it did give me OpenSSL
0.9.6 but not the _a_ bit...but i think the date will be
helpful...

It was released on:
# openssl version
(OpenSSL 0.9.6 24 Sep 2000)

I think that would prove helpful if someone wanted to code
the macro or just a test for checking OpenSSL 0.9.6a, for
autoconf,

thanks,
regards,

Hiten Pandya
hpandya@lycos.co.uk

Free E-mail - Lycos UK - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for £9.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=lycos_ef
Play now to win £1 Million - http://www.thedailydraw.com/mainframe.cfm?source=lycos

Re: checking for openssl 0.9.6a

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:46:35PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> > hey all,
> > i was going through the httpd-test , i went into the flood
> > directory, it said in the STATUS file about asking autoconf
> > to check for OpenSSL 0.9.6a, i found out that there is no
> > way i could do it because i am new to the autoconf
> > environment.
> >
> > But I have the information if someone was interested in
> > fixing the problem:
> >
> > Installation directory: /usr/local/ssl
> > Bin Directory: /usr/local/ssl/bin (openssl)
> > Lib Directory: /usr/local/ssl/lib/ (libssl.a)
> >
> > I tried the following command and it did give me OpenSSL
> > 0.9.6 but not the _a_ bit...but i think the date will be
> > helpful...
> >
> > It was released on:
> > # openssl version
> > (OpenSSL 0.9.6 24 Sep 2000)
> >
> > I think that would prove helpful if someone wanted to code
> > the macro or just a test for checking OpenSSL 0.9.6a, for
> > autoconf,

Actually, openssl provides a preprocessor symbol with the version embedded.
Take a look at <openssl/opensslv.h> and you'll find this:

#define OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER  0x0090602fL

You can use the autoconf macro AC_TRY_COMPILE to write a little piece of
code that #errors if the version is below 0x0090602fL (for openssl-0.9.6b).

How's that sound?

-aaron

Re: checking for openssl 0.9.6a

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.