Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rick van Vliet <ri...@rickvanvliet.com> on 2004/03/23 16:39:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Loading extension-less php files

I had been looking for a way for PHP files and HTML files under the same
folder to be loaded without having to know the extension.
Like:
if I call: http://www.mydomain.com/script
it loads http://www.mydomain.com/script.php

I had just upgraded from Apache 1.3 to 2.048, and the new httpd.conf
file( actually files: commonhttpd and Vhosts don't seem to exist anymore)
comes with this feature disabled.
After many googles looking for 'extension-less' , and 'loading php' files,
and comparing my new and old conf files, I found the answer:

The Options line needs MultiViews added. As in:
Options [whatever's there already] Multiviews

Hope this helps others who might be as bleary-eyed as I was tracking this
one down.

Thanks,
rick