Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Chen, Karen" <KC...@WhiteRockNetworks.com> on 2003/02/13 00:46:07 UTC

[users@httpd] fatal: libsendfile.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Hi,

Need help. Appreciated if anyone can point some direction.
I downloaded the official Solaris Apache 2.43 distribution binary file
(httpd-2.0.43-sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar).

After I untar the file and run the install script:  install-bindist.sh. I am
also updating the config file httpd.conf
to listen port e.g. 3333.  Then I got the following error.

 ./apa* start
ld.so.1: /homes/kchen/Apache2_43/bin/httpd: fatal: libsendfile.so.1: open
failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Re: [users@httpd] fatal: libsendfile.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Posted by George Hademenos <ha...@sbcglobal.net>.
well george i have spoken to richard on several occasions some years back
and he did want gcc to remain free.

Posted by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, George Hademenos wrote:

> i have a bitter taste in my mouth for sun, they sued ms to force them to
> include java along with their own virtual machine.
> i thought (it has been awhile) the linux community and GNU would protect gcc
> from proprietary interests like sun.

George: This is your final warning.

This is a users mailing list for the Apache HTTP Server.  Either you stay
on topic and productive, or go find somewhere else to play.  Continued
disruptive posting will NOT be tolerated.

Please read
http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html
and in particular the "List Policies" section.

Thanks.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] fatal: libsendfile.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.